PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: This is the smallest of our three spreaders and is designed to apply granules on lawns and gardens. The granules can be any type of fertilizer or insecticide. All work off the same principle but this is an entry level small spreader designed for light work, the medium one is a step up and can handle a larger work load as well as more granules as well as the deluxe model, with many features.
This holding tank is the smallest of the three but it does work and is adequate for most applications of 5,000 feet or less. The other two have large tanks but over all, work the same.
Here are the similarities:
1) They work by turning a crank which twists a prop located on the bottom of the holding tank. To treat you depress a button which allows granules to fall out onto the prop which is being turned by the crank. The prop in turn propels the granules 5-10 feet around.
2) They can use granules of just about any type as long as they are designed to be used around homes and gardens.
3) They all have adjustments so that you are able to control the rate at which the granules fall out the bottom.
4) They are all portable and can go where you walk – a great advantage over push or pull type applicators.
5) All propel granules evenly and consistently. The differences between the three is the entry level spreader is designed for small or light jobs. It's holding tank is the smallest of the three but it does work and is adequate for most applications of 5,000 feet or less.
WHERE TO USE IT: All can work well for treating most any yard, plant bed or hard to reach area under decks or behind structures. All are easy enough to carry up steep terrain and all allow you to treat where conventional push or pull type spreaders simply cannot go.
Order online and save 5%